It's surprising what little action people are taking to prepare for one of life's biggest events.
Talking about our end-of-life wishes can be difficult and emotional.
As part of Dying Matters Awareness Week, which runs until May 14, people are being encouraged to start those conversations.
You may - or may not - be surprised that, as a society, we are not taking as much action as we probably should.
According to a Dying Matters survey...
- Just 35% of adults said they had made a will
- Just 30% had let someone know about their funeral wishes
- Just 7% had written down wishes or preferences about the care they would want if they couldn't make decision
- Just 25% had asked a family member about their end-of-life wishes
- Just 33% have registered to be an organ donor
Have you taken steps like the above? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter, and visit here tomorrow to find out what steps you can take for yourself, your loved ones, your friends and the community.