In our Privacy Statement, the following definitions apply:
- St Andrew’s Hospice is a company limited by guarantee in England & Wales (Company No 2710865) and a registered charity (in England and Wales Charity No 1011117) St Andrew’s Hospice’s registered office is at Peaks Lane, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN32 9RP.
- ‘Material’ or ‘Materials’ means all of the information, data, text, graphics, links or computer code published on, contained in or available on the Website.
- ‘Service’ or ‘Services’ means any information and/or services accessible through or via the Website irrespective of the Originator or provider.
- ‘Originator’ means an individual, firm, company, organisation or any other entity (other than St Andrew’s Hospice) responsible for providing Uploaded Content (and an Originator is also a User).
- ‘Uploaded Content’ is any Material which is uploaded by any Originator third party User to any part of the Website.
- ‘User’ means an individual, firm, company, organisation or any other entity which obtains access to this Website for any authorised purpose (including but not limited to uploading content, viewing content, placing an order for goods or services; making postings to any forums).
- ‘Website’ means any website under the ownership or control of St Andrew’s Hospice from which a link has been created to this statement.
- Ownership of Website and application of Terms and Conditions
- St Andrew’s Hospice is the owner of the Website. We reserve the right to amend this statement at any time and if we do so we will post notice of the change on the Website by updating the text of this page. Certain parts of the Material and Services made available through or via the Website may have additional terms and conditions applicable to them (for instance any password protected parts of the Website).
- It is for information purposes only and for personal (if an individual) or internal (if on behalf of an organisation) use only. It is not for reproduction on any other website or for commercial gain (see also ‘Copyright’ below) without the prior written permission of St Andrew’s Hospice and/or the copyright owner and/or the Originator. Note this means that a User must obtain such a permission for use for any training or promotional purposes.
- It is only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Website by, any third party.
- The Material is used in a way which ensures no part is copied, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means (including but not limited to electronic, mechanical, printed or recorded) to any third party if to do so would contravene any copyright, database right or any other intellectual property.
- If using the Website by providing Uploaded Content or posting to any part of the Website, the Originator and/or User ensures that any Uploaded Content or posting is accurate, safe, fair, up to date, not in contravention of any legislation or regulation (including but not limited to any law dealing with any aspect of discrimination, obscenity or the provocation of violence, hatred or offence) and is not otherwise wilfully calculated to offend or mislead.
- If the User becomes aware of any exposure to inappropriate or offensive material, please inform St Andrew’s Hospice immediately by contacting [email protected].
- The Website can be used a platform for sharing information and resources. Not all Uploaded Content is owned by St Andrew’s Hospice and as such its ownership (in particular any ‘Copyright’) remains with the Originator (or the person or entity giving permission for uploading).
- If the Originator is not the copyright owner, it is the responsibility of the Originator to obtain copyright and any other necessary clearance for use of any Uploaded Content.
- Users must not infringe any rights of the owner of Uploaded Content. If a User has any queries with regard to Uploaded Content the Originator should be contacted.
- When providing Uploaded Content the Originator must give his/her/its identity it is a strong recommendation that both the identity of the copyright owner and the date of creation of the Uploaded Content is also given.
- St Andrew’s Hospice reserves the right to review all published content to the Website and reserves the right to change the name and/or description of any Material and will generally do so if this helps make it easier to search and identify.
- All Uploaded Content is published in good faith. In addition to the ‘Disclaimer’ and ‘Limitation of liability’, set out below, St Andrew’s Hospice makes no representation, express or implied, as to the accuracy or currency of Uploaded Content nor does it accept any responsibility for it. The views and opinions in Uploaded Content may not be those of St Andrew’s Hospice. Nothing in Uploaded Content carries any recommendation or endorsement by St Andrew’s Hospice. It is the User’s responsibility to note the date of any Uploaded Content and if this is not apparent to check directly with the Originator. Practice changes and evolves over time and it is the User’s sole responsibility to check that any Uploaded Content on which the User wishes to rely in any way is up to date.
- St Andrew’s Hospice may refuse to publish or may delete any Uploaded Content which fails to comply with this statement and/or which St Andrew’s Hospice consider being offensive or inappropriate. Persistent uploading of content by any Originator which has to be rejected or deleted by St Andrew’s Hospice under this provision will result in St Andrew’s Hospice, at its sole discretion, barring that Originator from providing any Uploaded Content irrespective of its nature.
- The Website is intended to provide information which is general in nature only. As such, none of the Material should be considered as a substitute for specific advice being obtained by the User for specific situations. In particular Users should seek appropriate advice before taking or refraining from taking any action in reliance on any information or other Material contained in the Website, and it is the User’s sole responsibility to satisfy itself, prior to using the information and/or Material in any way, of its suitability for the User’s purposes.
- So far as permitted by law, St Andrew’s Hospice does not accept any liability to any person or organisation relating to the use of the Material, including but not limited to any advertising (see also ‘Limitation of liability’, below).
- Every precaution is taken by St Andrew’s Hospice to ensure that the content of the Website is accurate, legally correct and ethical but St Andrew’s Hospice cannot be held responsible for any action (or lack or omission of an action) taken by any person or organisation (wherever that person or organisation resides, operates from or is otherwise based) in respect of the Material or any part of it contained in or to which access is obtained via the Website.
- It is acknowledged by the User that while every proportionate and appropriate step (with specific requirements as regards Uploaded Content, see generally the ‘Uploaded content’ section of this statement) has been taken to ensure that Material on the Website is accurate at the time it originates, it may not be completely up to date.
- See also the specific disclaimers in the ‘Third party website’ and ‘Viruses and errors’ sections of this statement, and the ‘Limitation of liability’ section.
- Copyright in the Material on the Website (that of information, data, text, graphics, links or computer codes which are published on, contained in or available in the Website) is either owned by St Andrew’s Hospice or as disclosed by the ‘Originator of Uploaded Content’. Use of the Material must comply with this statement (see ‘General provisions as to use of the website’) unless St Andrew’s Hospice or (where applicable) the copyright owner(s) agree(s) otherwise. Note that all Material which takes the form, or is in the nature, of a database attracts database rights which are protected in the same way as copyright.
- The name and any logo of St Andrew’s Hospice on the Website are trade names, service marks or trademarks of St Andrew’s Hospice and may not be used without the prior consent of St Andrew’s Hospice.
This website has been designed to be accessible to all web users, irrespective of individual abilities and browser type. This statement gives information about accessibility features, and levels of conformance to industry standards.
The text on this website has been styled using a non-fixed value in a style sheet. This means that users can easily change the text size using their browser settings. To do this, go to the ‘View’ menu of your internet browser, select Zoom controls, then change it from the default size to the size that suits your needs.
A number of documents are available for download from this website.
To view PDF files you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader software or another suitable PDF reading application or web browser installed on your computer. Adobe Acrobat Reader software is available free of charge from the Adobe website. Users with visual impairments who make use of text to speech software may encounter problems when using PDF files. The adobe.com website provides tools and information to help make Adobe PDF files accessible to users with visual disabilities.
The Website contains links to websites operated by parties other than St Andrew’s Hospice and which are not under the control of, and are not maintained by, St Andrew’s Hospice. St Andrew’s Hospice includes these links to provide the User with access to information and services that it may find useful and/or interesting. Advertising and Uploaded Content will also contain links to third party websites. St Andrew’s Hospice does not endorse and is not responsible for the content or any aspect of these third party websites and/or pages or for anything provided by them. If the User has any concerns about the content or any aspect of any linked third party website or any website purporting to associate itself with St Andrew’s Hospice please contact [email protected].
- Whilst St Andrew’s Hospice makes all reasonable and proportionate attempts to exclude viruses from the Website it cannot ensure or guarantee such exclusion and no liability is accepted for damage caused through the downloading of viruses. In particular St Andrew’s Hospice does not warrant:
- that the functions contained in this Website will be uninterrupted or error free, or
- that defects will be detected, or
- that this Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses, or bugs, or
- that this Website represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the Material, or
- that Uploaded Content is virus free and the User is strongly recommended to take all appropriate safeguards before downloading Material from the Website.
- Without affecting the statutory rights of purchasers of any goods or products, or any specific terms and conditions of sale, the User agrees that where applicable its use of the Service(s) is on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis, whether express or implied or statutory.
- In no event shall St Andrew’s Hospice be liable for the following, however framed in law:
- Any loss incurred or sustained by any User who transmits information by means of email or other internet links shall be borne solely and exclusively by such User (unless the applicable prevailing law directs otherwise) and in no event shall any such loss be born in whole or part by St Andrew’s Hospice or its employees or agents; or
- any indirect, punitive, special, incidental, or consequential damage including (but not limited to) damages for loss of use, data or profits arising out of, or in any way connected with the use or performance of, the Website; or
- interruptions or delays to the Website; or
- [provision of or failure to provide Service(s); or
- any information, goods and services obtained through the Website or otherwise arising out of the use of the Website and/or the Material.
- St Andrew’s Hospice shall not be held in breach of its obligations, nor liable to the User for any loss or damage which may be suffered by it or any other person or organisation, for any cause beyond St Andrew’s Hospice’s reasonable control. This includes (but is not limited to) any act of God, fire, storm, flood, lightning, disease, strike, trade dispute, act of terrorism, any act or omission of government or regulatory bodies or of communications operators.
Warranty and indemnity
- The User warrants to St Andrew’s Hospice that it will not use the Website, the Material (or any part of it) for any purpose that:
- is in contravention of any applicable law or regulation or
- is in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademarks, service marks or any other intellectual property rights of St Andrew’s Hospice or of third parties; or
- will violate the privacy or other personal rights of any other person or organisation; or
- is in any way defamatory, obscene, threatening or abusive; or
- otherwise is in contravention of this statement.
- St Andrew’s Hospice reserves the absolute right to bar Users from the Website, to report any misuse of the Website to the relevant authorities (wherever situated) and, where appropriate, to take legal action in respect of any infringement or breach of the terms and conditions of use of the Website.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the User indemnifies St Andrew’s Hospice, its employees and agents, against all claims, liability, losses, damages and expenses including (without limitation) legal fees and costs arising out of, or incurred as a result of, any claims made, or litigation brought, against St Andrew’s Hospice, its employees and agents, as a result of the use by the User of the Website and/or the Material, for whatever purpose.
- If any provisions of this statement are held to be invalid or unenforceable, the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
- This statement constitutes the entire agreement between St Andrew’s Hospice and the User and supersedes all other (prior or contemporaneous) communications and proposals, whether electronic or written, between the User and St Andrew’s Hospice.
- Any failure of St Andrew’s Hospice to exercise or enforce any of its rights under this statement shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any such rights or operate so as to bar the subsequent exercise or enforcement or any such rights.
- If this statement is not accepted in full, the use of this Website must be terminated immediately.
With cookies, the information we collect and share is anonymous and does not personally identify you. It does not contain your name, address, telephone number or email address.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we may put on your computer or mobile device when you access our website. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of the website helping us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allow us to improve our site. For example, they will tell us whether you have visited our site before or whether you are a new visitor. You can disable cookies if you do not wish them to be active during browsing.
A User who visits this Website with his/her/its browser settings adjusted to accept cookies consents to the use of the Website’s cookies and other technologies as described in this notice and St Andrew’s Hospice’s privacy statement.
The ‘Help’ function within the User’s browser should explain how this is done, but for browsers on mobile telephones, tablets or other mobile devices reference should be made to the manual for the device.
The following statement is a description of the use of Google Analytics which the User is deemed to accept (subject to the User’s right to opt out) as set out:
This is to ensure that we get best value for any spend on the website budget by ensuring it is available when you want it, and to help us understand what you want to use.
These cookies are classed by the ICO as ‘minimally intrusive’.
Google Analytics cookies
|_utma||Randomly generated number||Two years|
|_utmb||Randomly generated number||30 minutes|
|_utmc||Randomly generated number||When you close your browser|
|_utmz||Randomly generated number and information on how the site was reached, eg direct or via a link, organic search or paid search.