Each year, your donations aid us in assisting over 1528 people of all ages living with a terminal illness, as well as their families and carers. Money raised by our incredible supporters – like you – means we can help more local people going forward.
It costs £5.5million a year to run our services; £15,000 a day, and all our care is free of charge to those accessing it. Donating just £16 could provide an hour’s specialist nursing care, whilst £400 ensures round the clock care for someone living with a terminal diagnosis.
“Without support, donations and volunteering from corporate organisations, local businesses, community groups and individuals we simply could not operate which is why we are continually working to find new ways of building a spread of sustainable oncome streams.”
Your support means we can help people like Ava‘s parents, make every moment count at an exceptionally tough time in their lives.
How we spend our funds
As a non-profit charity we can assure you that every single penny raised goes back into providing and improving the support we offer to our local community. This predominantly includes our support services, as well as spending funds on improving our facilities for service users, raising awareness of the hospice and generating future income.
Here are just some ways we put your money to good use:
- Delivering outstanding services to patients, carers and families
- Providing specialist care to help people who have treatable but non-curable conditions to achieve quality of life
- Caring for respite and outpatients as well as inpatients at the Hospice
- Giving bereavement support to families and carers
- Unceasingly developing our services
- Training health care professionals, to ensure more people can benefit from brilliant end of life care